Monday, April 27, 2009

Perino's Logic.



PERINO: What more is there to investigate? Unless they are on a political witch hunt.
This is the part of this argument that I find most puzzling. Why is this in any way related to political affiliation? Should some Republicans decide that they wish to defend torturers and war criminals, that's their call. But the majority of people, despite Perino's claims, support investigation into this.

And this sentence is mind bending:
Q: "Do you believe waterboarding is torture?

PERINO:
I have never answered that question because I don't know what I would have done in that situation, if I had to protect thousands of lives.
So, Perino thinks that something would be legal if she might have done the same thing in a similar situation? That's how she works out if something is legal or not? By asking herself, "Would I do it?"

So small things like what the law actually states is less important than whether or not Dana Perino would have followed a similar course.

Unbelievable.

Hat tip to Think Progress.

No comments: