Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christine O'Donnell: 'I Dabbled into Witchcraft' but 'I Never Joined a Coven'.



The insanity of some of the Tea party nominees appears to know no bounds. Here, Christine O'Donnell admits that she has taken part in witchcraft.

O'DONNELL: I dabbled into witchcraft, I never joined a coven. But I did. I did. [...]

I didn't join a coven. I didn't join a coven, let's get this straight. [...]

But that's exactly why...because... because I dabbled in witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. [...]

One of my first dates was with a witch was on a satanic altar and I didn't know it and there was a little blood there and stuff like that. [...]

We went to a movie and then like had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar.

And Bill Maher says he has even more of this lunacy:
I'm just saying Christine, it's like the hostage crisis. Every week you don't show up, I'm going to throw another body out.
I think it's actually terrifying that people like this are being elected as candidates for high office. But, like Sarah Palin, it will be considered "elitist", or we'll be suffering from Palin/O'Donnell Derangement Syndrome if anyone points out that these are the beliefs of deranged people.

And yet, these are the kinds of candidates seriously being put forward by the Tea Party. They deserve to be laughed off the ticket.



Here's the exchange Maher alludes to between her and Eddie Izzard. The exchange comes at 0.57. She believes that if the Nazis came to her door during WWII, and she was hiding Jews, she wouldn't need to lie as God would come her aid.

My favourite piece of her insanity is towards the end where she tries to make a link between taking the bible out of schools and the fact that there are now shootings in schools. This woman is seriously harebrained.

UPDATE:



There's even more... She's using campaign money for things she shouldn't. And she's doing this after the campaign is over.

2 comments:

Steel Phoenix said...

She'a got nothing to worry about. After she wins the election, God will show up as a witness on her behalf in the trial.

I've got some awesome Wiccan friends, not to be confused with the kind of Christian Sadism she is referring to. It seems to me to be a sort of open source religion invented by teenagers in order to make them feel empowered, and to justify doing wicked things for the purpose of getting what they want (much like other religions).

Kel said...

She'a got nothing to worry about. After she wins the election, God will show up as a witness on her behalf in the trial.

She possibly believes that, SP. She's that deluded.

It seems to me to be a sort of open source religion invented by teenagers in order to make them feel empowered, and to justify doing wicked things for the purpose of getting what they want (much like other religions).

That sounds about right to me.