Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beck mocks Rep. Slaughter's story: "I've read the Constitution ... I didn't see that you had a right to teeth"



The things that American right wingers find funny never fails to amaze me. Here, Beck takes up the story of a woman so poor that she had to wear her dead sisters dentures. This was a theme which was also carried by Limbaugh.

LIMBAUGH: You know I'm getting so many people -- this Louise Slaughter comment on the dentures? I'm getting so many people -- this is big, I mean, that gets a one-time mention for a laugh, but there are people out there that think this is huge because it's so stupid. I mean, for example, well, what's wrong with using a dead person's teeth? Aren't the Democrats big into recycling? Save the planet? And so what? So if you don't have any teeth, so what? What's apple sauce for? Isn't that why they make apple sauce?
Maybe their audience loves this kind of stuff, but it comes pretty near to mocking people for being poor.

It's ugly and distasteful.

No comments: