Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CIGNA Denies Cancer Patient Care, CEO Makes $120 Million In Five Years - Not A Coincidence.



This is what happens when healthcare is run for profit:

"I would go to CIGNA and they would tell me I had bronchitis and give me medicine and send me home. No matter what medicine they gave me I wouldn't get better. Then the CIGNA Director called me up and she told me that there was nothing wrong with me at all. I called the doctor, and I came with my film and my CAT scan and he just put it in, it took exactly thirty seconds. He told me, 'You have cancer,' and he said the reason CIGNA did not want to give you your records is they've known right way back for years that you have cancer and they're not going to treat you."
It is simply more profitable not to treat someone than it is to treat them.

And, when the CEO is taking $120 million over five years, then there is every incentive for this behaviour to carry on.

Hat tip to Crooks and Liars.

No comments: