Thursday, March 12, 2009

How HIGH Is Ari Fleischer?





Every so often a Republican talking head pops up and reminds us of just how lucky we are that their days in power are over.

Here, Ari Fliescher admits that Obama won because of the Iraq war and the dreadful economy which he inherited from Bush, but thinks that Obama should thank Bush every day for removing Saddam Hussein.

So, the war was deeply unpopular but we should still be grateful for it? These are the nonsensical talking points Bush's supporters have been reduced to.

Fleischer then states that the US should be grateful that it was never attacked again on Bush's watch, which has always struck me as an odd way to defend a presidency; it's an administration which is way short of actual achievements if your proudest moments are things which never happened.

And, I'm with Matthews, if you are going to take credit for attacks which did not take place, then it would only be fair to accept responsibility for any attack which did occur. But Fliescher is outraged that Matthews can even suggest such a concept.

And when he says, "Shame on you" to Chris Matthews, I want to say, "F#ck you, Fliescher!"

Here we have Olbermann's take on Ari's interview.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He isn't high, the mind control implant is just getting interference from all the network equipment. I believe he wears the same chip as Giuliani and Cheney. They should turn up the blink setting a bit.

Did you catch his last words? "But after September eleventh, having been hit once, how can we take a chance that Saddam might not strike again?"

virtualredhead said...

I consider myself pretty immune to talking head hyperbole, but this one really caught my eye. The pure, visceral hate on both sides was practically oozing through my TV screen. I kind of remember liking Ari; when did he turn into such a screechy little beast?

Kel said...

Did you catch his last words? "But after September eleventh, having been hit once, how can we take a chance that Saddam might not strike again?"

SP, That washed over me. I had to go back and listen to it again to verify that he had actually said that. And he did. That's astonishing. They can't stop selling the lie that Saddam was related to 9-11 even now.

Virtualredhead,

Oh, I always found Ari to be a screechy little beast.