Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Perle did make Saddam-bin Laden link.

Bill Kristol has made much of Tenet getting the date wrong about a conversation he says he had with Richard Perle in which Perle claimed that Saddam had links to 9-11. Kristol has asked: "How many other facts has George Tenet invented?"

However, this clip clearly shows Perle making the Saddam/bin Laden link a mere five days after 9-11. Already, less than a week after 9-11, Perle is pedalling the lies that this administration used to wage war.



Hat tip to Crooks and Liars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall reading within a week after 9/11 that Perle stated that we need to invade Iraq for this. Since Bush and company had been throwing out trial balloons about invading Iraq throughout during his 2000 campaign my though at the time was "Uh gee, I know that's what you want to do, but don't you think this is a little transparent? I can't recall the source unfortunately. I just assumed this was well known.

Kel said...

I remember it as well. Which is what made Kristol's denial all the less plausible. They think we are all idiots, or amnesiacs, if they think they can simply lie like this and not be challenged.