Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Powell lashes out at Palin -- I'm from the South Bronx and there is nothing wrong with my values.



Powell states that Palin has pushed the Republicans to the right and that the Republican party needs to "stop shouting at the world" if they are ever to be re-elected.

Powell represents a side of the Republican party which has all but disappeared from public discourse. And I think Palin had a lot to do with that.

However, I also think the intellectual wing of the Republican party have taken for cover since the recent financial collapse destroyed faith in the Reagan economic model. If they can't argue for "deregulate, deregulate, deregulate" then I really think they are at a loss as to what it is that they actually believe in.

As a party, they appear to me to have lost their language, and it's no great surprise that the lunatics have rushed in to fill the void.

No comments: