Friday, July 27, 2007

An Award? Who Did I Bribe?


I didn't realise when Anything They Say was kind enough to link to me when accepting his Thinking Blogger Award, that his link automatically made me the recipient of one. I am always honoured when someone I respect as much as Bhc has kind words to say about what I do over here.

I now have to link to five blog posts that made me think. I could, like many others, go for the obvious choices but, like Anything They Say, I think there are people out there doing sterling work who are sadly not getting anywhere near the recognition they deserve.

I won't list my five in any particular order, nor are the posts I am linking to necessarily their best ever. I have chosen the article in question because I think it is representative of the excellent output each of these blogs offer.

1. Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying. I have sometimes, rightly I suppose, been accused of employing passion rather than reason, a crime that one could not lay at Mash's door. His arguments are always well thought out, reasoned, and fascinating. In this particular article he argues why we need to save the Presidency from this particular President.

2. Jon Swift. I'll be stunned if I am the first person to nominate Jon Swift for such an award but I can find no trace on his blog of the award logo. This guy is hysterical, a faux conservative looking at the world as only he can. In this post he lists his top 50 Conservative Rock Songs.

3. Les Politiques. Sophia does sterling work over there. Her analysis of the Middle East is always thought provoking and passionate; a combination I find irresistible. Her knowledge of Lebanon and her take on the Israeli-Palestine dispute are always well worth reading and guaranteed to make you think.

4. The Largest Minority. A great selection of videos and observations on politics every day. John Harrison's site is a daily must visit. Makes you laugh and think. Can't be bad?

5. My Occupied Territory. It's the Middle East again, I'm afraid, but Moi has a great blog that easily mixes the political and the personal.

So, to the five listed above:

Congratulations, you won a !

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

No comments: