Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sharron Angle defends her race-baiting ad: 'I'm not sure those were Latinos,' and 'Some of you look a little more Asian to me'.



She's a crazy person, so I make no apology for not understanding what she's going on about most of the time. Here, she addresses the Hispanic Student Union and tells them:

"So that’s what we want is a secure and sovereign nation and, you know, I don’t know that all of you are Latino. Some of you look a little more Asian to me. I don’t know that. What we know, what we know about ourselves is that we are a melting pot in this country. My grandchildren are evidence of that. I’m evidence of that. I’ve been called the first Asian legislator in our Nevada State Assembly."
Why would anyone call Sharron Angle "the first Asian legislator" in the Nevada State Assembly?

What the Hell is this crazy woman talking about? She is trying to back away from her negative portrayal of Latinos in this ad, and her defence amounts to, (a) "I don't think they were Latinos" and (b) "What's the difference between Latinos and Asians anyway as we are all a huge melting pot?"

No comments: