Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Palin laughs and rolls her eyes when demonstrator says she’s a teacher.



In this video Sarah Palin gets called on as a quitter by a protester.

GUSTAFSON: You swore on your precious Bible that you would uphold the interests of this state, and then when cash was waved in front of your face, you quit.

PALIN: OH, you wanted me to be your governor! I’m honored! Thank you!

GUSTAFSON: I wanted you to honor your responsibilities.
Palin pretends, whilst being in Alaska to film a TLC documentary series entitled, Sarah Palin’s Alaska, that she does not consider herself "a celebrity".

But the strangest thing occurs at the point where Palin asks the woman what she does for a living. When the woman replies that she is a teacher, Palin rolls her eyes and exchanges a knowing look with the woman to her right. What the Hell is that all about?

Palin claims that we are all misreading the video.
Yes, it’s come to this: the media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines. (Maybe that’s why Botox is all the rage – if you can’t move your eyebrows, your “eye rolling” can’t be misinterpreted!) If they had checked their facts first, they would have known that I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents were teachers, my father was a teacher, my brother is a teacher, my sister works in Special Needs classrooms, my aunt is a school nurse, my mom worked as a school secretary for much of her professional life, we all volunteer in classrooms, etc., etc., etc. Given that family history, how likely is it that I would “roll my eyes” at someone telling me that they too work in that honorable profession? Stay classy, LSM.
Watch the video and decide for yourself. But, for my money, she definitely rolls her eyes, I just can't work out why.

3 comments:

nunya said...

She doesn't roll her eyes because the woman confronting her is a teacher, she rolls her eyes because the woman is totally busting her for the fraud that she is.

Cammie Novara said...

The first minute I surfed to this outrageous The Top 12 Reasons To Burn A Quran On 9/11 commentary my first thought was western Journalism's visitors absolutely should be able to comment on this! http://hubpages.com/hub/The-12-Top-Reasons-To-Burn-A-Quran-On-911

Kel said...

Oh Nunya, she busted her all right. Did you notice how flat Palin's "Gee Whizz" talking points fell in front of someone asking her simple questions?