Monday, April 19, 2010

Ed Rendell Says The Media Has Been Over-Hyping The Tea Parties.



Eric Rendell hits the nail on the head:

Rendell: I think David the first thing we have to define is what's the tea party itself. If you say it's the anger that people feel about the economy, etc. that's giving the tea party too much credit. We had two recent tea party demonstrations in Washington. One a week before the health care vote drew about 1000 people, the tax day rally by the organizers own estimate was 1500 people.

If I organized a rally for stronger laws to protect puppies, I would get 100,000 people to Washington, so let's... I think the media has blown the tea parties themselves out of proportion, that's number one.
The Tea Party's numbers are actually pitiful. And the attention they are getting is way over the top. This is the Republican party attempting to distance themselves from the administration of George Bush whilst pretending that there is a genuine public anger that requires that same Republican party to return to power.

It's smoke and bloody mirrors. And it should fool no-one that the people applauding the Tea party movement are Fox News, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

5 comments:

Steel Phoenix said...

The tea parties will fall. As much as the Democrats and Republicans like to squabble, their first priority is keeping the current two party system intact. The sad thing to me is my reputation will fall along with the tea party, because they are perceived by the mainstream as being like me. I despise them.

nunya said...

I'm tired of the partisan crap they feed us on mainstream media. The Dems and Repubs are both just mouthpieces for the Corporatocracy.

The Boiling Frogs podcasts are awesome.

Kel said...

I am glad that both of you see the Tea Party protests as what they are. Especially as I perceive you as coming from different political perspectives.

Steel Phoenix said...

I read her blog for a few months. We have some overlap certainly, but different priorities.

Did you see the video recently of Ron Paul calling Obama a corporatist? He said Obama's policies will lead to massive monopolistic corporations. People may have different opinions on how things will go, but they tend to agree on what end they are trying to avoid. It's like both parties accusing each other of being fascists.

Kel said...

No, I haven't seen that video, SP.

People may have different opinions on how things will go, but they tend to agree on what end they are trying to avoid. It's like both parties accusing each other of being fascists.

I agree. It's a further indication of the very strange times we are living in.