Saturday, February 06, 2010

Jon Stewart on The O'Reilly Factor Round Two.



Part two of Billo's interview with Jon Stewart. The right wing clichés fall out of Billo's mouth with such speed that they are tripping over each other.

UPDATE:



What were they thinking? Fox have put the whole unedited version on their website. I think Stewart takes O'Reilly and Fox News apart.

My favourite statement from Stewart about Fox News and their blatant hypocrisy now that a Democrat is in the White House was this:

I know what this is. I come from Jersey—it's the same thing: "I'm not saying your mother's a whore. I'm just saying she has sex for money. With people."

[..]

[F]ox News used to be all about, you don't criticize a president during wartime. It's unacceptable, it's treasonous, it gives aid and comfort to the enemy. All of a sudden, for some reason you can run out there and say, "Barack Obama is destroying the fabric of this country."
O'Reilly was the one who used to insist that people should back Bush at a time of war or "Shut up!" The US is still at war, but the rules have changed now that a Democrat is in charge.

No comments: