Friday, January 29, 2010

The "non-partisan" praiser of neo-conservatism.

I was watching Question Time on TV on Demand tonight and came across Douglas Murray for the first time.

His comments were enough to make me Google him. I found this. (I presume it's his own website.)

On his CV I found these two utterly contradictory statements:

(1):

Douglas Murray is the Director of the Centre for Social Cohesion (CSC), a non-partisan think-tank in Westminster, London.
and this:

(2)
In 2005 he published the critically acclaimed Neoconservatism: Why We Need It.
I'm sorry, but I can't make those two things fit. How can one be non-partisan and write a book in praise of neo-conservatism?

I simply don't get that...

And I've had a look at the Centre for Social Cohesion's website, it doesn't strike me as if they are looking for social cohesion at all, and they are certainly not coming across as "non-partisan".

From Unite Against Racism:
"One look at the Centre for Social Cohesion website and its real agenda becomes very clear - this outfit is not interested in cohesion, but in vilifying Muslims by whipping up hostility and fear. It promotes conflict not cohesion."
I've not done much research into this guy, but he certainly didn't strike me as non-partisan during the most recent edition of Question Time.

No comments: