Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cheney: "I Don't Think We Should Just Roll Over"



"Bottom-line is we successfully defended the nation for 7.5 years against a follow on attack from 9/11... no one would have thought that was possible."
How many al Qaeda attacks were there on US soil after the WTC bombing in 1993? So, one could really argue that Clinton kept the US safe for seven years without resorting to torture.

But this is the first time that, to my recollection, Cheney has admitted that he is speaking out, not to protect lawyers who might be disbarred, but because the Obama administration, in Cheney's words, "accuses us of torture, which we did not; or somehow violating the law, which we did not. I think you need to stand up and respond to that, and that is what I have done."

He seems rattled to me. As if he can sense where this is all going and he is trying desperately to effect it's course.

3 comments:

nunya said...

I don't know if this country will ever recover from the shitstain that is Darth Cheney.

daveawayfromhome said...

It wont as long as Obama & Co. dont prosecute. Crimes need to be treated as such for all, or democracy is dead.

Kel said...

I'm with you Dave. Prosecutions are vital if the US is to re-establish itself as "a nation of laws."