Sunday, February 15, 2009

Change.

After eight years of Bush, change really has come to Washington:

Pentagon officials don't normally gush, but Whispers has learned that top staffers were positively enthusiastic following their first meeting with the commander in chief in the secure conference room dubbed "the Tank" recently. They were impressed by the "high-level, global-strategic" discussion and by President Obama's detailed grasp of the difficulties that face the U.S. military. Said one senior Pentagon official: "He asked a lot of really, really good questions."
That's "Pentagon officials" who are gushing.

With Bush the gushing always came from Karl Rove with his utterly unbelievable stories designed to convince us that there wasn't actually a moron in the White House.
It all started on New Year's Eve in 2005. President Bush asked what my New Year's resolutions were. I told him that as a regular reader who'd gotten out of the habit, my goal was to read a book a week in 2006. Three days later, we were in the Oval Office when he fixed me in his sights and said, "I'm on my second. Where are you?" Mr. Bush had turned my resolution into a contest.
We were supposed to find it impressive - and believable - that Bush read 95 books in one year. I personally think his time could have been better spent doing his bloody job rather than sitting around reading all day. However, having rethought that, it's maybe preferable that he read, as he was so bad at his job the less time he spent doing it, the better for us all.

Click title for source.

No comments: