Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Matthews on Hillary as Secretary of State.



Chris Matthews makes a fascinating point on the subject of Hillary as Secretary of State. He thinks that, rather than just an attempt to unify the party, the fact that Hillary is so insanely pro-Israel might just give Obama the cover he needs to push through a Middle East peace deal, which he has identified as something he intends to work on from day one of his administration.

I know there's a certain amount of wishful thinking involved on my part, but that is the first time anyone has said anything about Hillary in that job which has made any sense to me.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

"change this would not be"..I agree!!
Kel..

"conservatives want her" I do have to say again Kel..she's visited the Bilderberg..'she's a member of his club'.. (Hitchens) well, she's a member of 'that' club..
I do not want her as secretary as state..

but what do I have to say?

Ingrid
And 'why would he bring two of the biggest 'characters' on his team'?
Again..the Clintons have no good connections..and obama now as well? I'm suspicious I'm sad to say..

Kel said...

I agree with all your points Ingrid which is why I think Matthews might have a valid point as well.

I think Obama is serious about pushing Israel to accept a deal and he wouldn't get away with it on his own, as the right wingers are too suspicious of him, which is where the rabidly pro-Israel Hillary might come in. She has a track record which puts her beyond suspicion as far as Israel is concerned. That's the only reason I can imagine that he would want her there.

After all, it's hardly "change" to bring the Clintons back into the White House. So, I am leaning towards him having another reason for wanting her there.

Anonymous said...

hopefully, if she is finally names Sec. State, she will concentrate on issues for the country apart from any drama/distraction from elsewhere

Kel said...

hopefully, if she is finally names Sec. State, she will concentrate on issues for the country apart from any drama/distraction from elsewhere

I'm not an American, but my understanding of your Secretary of State is that it is the equivalent of the British Foreign Secretary, meaning that this is the person who deals with foreign affairs.