Thursday, August 28, 2008

American Prayer.



This is wonderful. It really says something about Obama's ability to inspire people that so many are working to ensure his victory.

Nor is it simply an American prayer, it's a yearning felt across the globe. And how wonderful that forty five years to the day that Martin Luther King told America that he had a dream, that America's first ever black presidential candidate should address the Democratic convention.

"I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land!"

Martin Luther King.
Tonight, MLK's wish will be achieved and Barack Obama will look over the top of the mountain.

No comments: