Friday, March 31, 2006

Obama is Electric!

There's a great piece of video on Crooks and Liars (click here and when re-directed click where it says Real Audio in the update section) where U.S. Sen. Barack Obama has gone to Connecticut ostensibly to bolster Joe Lieberman's senate bid.

The crowd, at one point turned hostile towards Lieberman - no doubt for his support for the Iraq war and other right wing views he holds - and Obama, sensing the change in the room, suddenly changed tack: "I know some in the party have differences with Joe. I'm going to go ahead and say it - it's the elephant in the room - and Joe and I don't agree on everything. But what I know is that Joe Lieberman is a man with a good heart, with a keen intellect, who cares about the working families of America. I am absolutely certain Connecticut is going to have the good sense to send Joe Lieberman back to the U.S. Senate so he can continue to serve on our behalf."

And in a nano second - he had done it. The room erupted into applause. I actually felt goosebumps rise on my arms. Not since Clinton have I seen a guy with that feel for where an audience is, and where you need to move them to.

And, more importantly, the intellectual and emotional ability to - effortlessly - take them there.

Even Fox are, grudgingly, acknowledging him as possibly the first ever black President of the USA. Which must mean he's good. And dear God, is this guy good!

Click above and see for yourself.

No comments: